Most of these services require logging in with your library barcode number and PIN the first time you use them.
- E-books: Hoopla, Libby, Catalog Search
- Audio-Books: Hoopla, Libby, Catalog Search
- Video streaming: Hoopla, Kanopy
- E-magazines: Libby
- Newspapers: Register-Star, Times Union, NewsBank, Newspaper Article Search
- Learn a Foreign Language: Transparent Language Online, KidSpeak
- Free Online Classes: Universal Class
- Job & Career Help: JobNow
- History and Genealogy
- Reliable Health Info
Especially for Kids
Learn More About Individual Services
Hoopla allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later.
- 5 instant borrows each month. These digital borrows will reset every month and you can borrow more than one title at a time.
- Books are available for 21 days.
- Videos are available for 72 hours.
- Music titles are available for 7 days after you borrow.
For desktop, phone, tablet, Alexa devices, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Android TV.
With Kanopy you can find movies, documentaries, foreign films, classic cinema, independent films and educational videos that inspire, enrich and entertain. It can be enjoyed on your TV, mobile phone, tablet and online.
Your North Chatham Free Library pays for this service, so you must originally sign-up through our website using your email address. If you have problems please call NCFL at 518-766-3211.
- Watch up to 5 films per month for 72 hours
- Watch up to 1 series from The Great Courses.
- Unlimited Plays in Kanopy Kids.
Libby by OverDrive allows you to borrow eBooks and audiobooks, as well as download or stream them.
Libby works excellently on your phone or Kindle. The eBook reader makes it easy to customize how you read: you can adjust the eBook’s font size, book layout, and lighting to suit your needs.
As you read, you can also add bookmarks, create notes, highlights, and define words.
Read the Times Union, Hudson Register-Star and over 3,500 other national newspapers through NewsBank brought to NCFL by the Columbia County Libraries Association. These are available as images of the newspaper pages which you can read and scroll through. You see the entire paper.
You can search for newspaper articles with both historical and current content through Newspaper Article Search.
Transparent Language Online provides an effective and engaging experience for language learners looking to build their vocabulary, practice their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, and maintain what they learn. With courses and supplemental resources in 110+ languages, Transparent Language Online can be accessed anytime, anywhere, on almost any device.
Broaden young learners’ horizons with KidSpeak. They’ll work their way through fun and engaging activities with their cartoon “friend” and his or her playful pet.
Available languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Easy to access: Available directly through Transparent Language Online, KidSpeak for Libraries is included with all Transparent Language Online for Libraries subscriptions and can be accessed on a computer, laptop, or tablet.