- This event has passed.
Wednesday September 7, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
If you are approaching age 65 and are starting to think about applying for Medicare, this two-hour seminar is specifically designed to help you get started. Michele Kraham from the Columbia County Office for the Aging with expertise in the often complex world of health insurance will discuss what you need to know in order to make sound decisions.
This session will address questions like:
- What is the difference between Part A and Part B?
- When can I apply?
- What are the penalties if I don’t apply?
- Do I want traditional Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- Do I want a Medigap Plan to supplement traditional Medicare?
- How do I get prescription drug coverage?
- What if I have coverage from my previous employer as part of a retirement plan.
If you are like most people—a little confused about questions like these—your attendance will be time well spent. The seminar will close with a question and answer session to make sure the most important points have been covered.
This event will be held indoors and in-person.
This free program is part of the Library’s “How to be More Eco-Friendly” series developed by the Live and Learn Committee and supported in part by a grant from the Fund for Columbia County of the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation.